Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds and the option come up telling “slide to power off”- This is probably the coolest feature of Apple iPhone series and windows 10 mobile devices in the recent past.
If you wanna get the same shutdown experience on your laptop or desktop, you can quickly enable “Slide to shut down your PC” on Windows 10, even on non-touch screen devices you are in the right place.
How to add Slide to shut down to your Windows 10 PC:
- Right-click on any empty space on the desktop, hover New, and then click Shortcut.
- Copy and paste the following path without the quotes: “%windir%\System32\SlideToShutDown.exe”
- Click Next.
- Enter any name for the shortcut (e.g., SlidetoShutdown).
- Click Finish to complete the task.
- Right-click on the newly created shortcut and go to Properties.
- On the Shortcut tab, click the Change Icon button.
- Click OK to confirm that the path you specified doesn’t contain icons.
- Select an icon that best describe the shutdown button.
- Click OK. Click Apply. Click OK again to complete the task.